Not too happy with greyscale fMRI overlays?
Here’s how to easily highlight them in colour (using Adobe Photoshop):
- Duplicate the background layer
- Use the magic wand to select the areas of activation (hold down Shift for multiple selections; reduce the tolerance from 30 to 10 at the edges)
- Shift-Ctrl-I (inverse selection)
- Shift-Ctrl-I (inverse selection again)
- Ctrl-L (output levels)
- Set output levels for Ctrl-1 (red) to 255/255 and Ctrl-3 (blue) to 0/0
- Ctrl-U saturation to -30
- Ctrl-Alt-D (feather) at 5 pixels
All set for a flash presentation!