With so many changes in my life, buying a house, settling down in Rotterdam (yes, after almost 9 years I’m finally out of denial) it’s domestication all ‘round. So I’m cooking… this very tasty and very very simple pumpkin soup:
- Gently fry 1 large onion and 2 cloves of garlic in olive oil until soft but not coloured.
- Add 1 pumpkin (cut into smallish bits) and 1 red chili and fry for a few minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Puree with a hand blender.
- Stir in 3-4 tbsp of yoghurt and salt to taste.